National Visa
OECKO is established in 1981. It is On and Offline study abroad counseling center. We have more than 20,000 students who went abroad to study through OECKO, and these students are working in variety of fields. We made partnerships with all excellent universities in order to raise global students. Students can self apply to schools in USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Spain, France and etc by him or herself without any cost. However, high schools’, or universities’ required essay or personal statements help from us is charged. Language study entrance admissions can be obtained in 3~14 days.
 National Visa
 Prepare Student Visa by Yourself
The Student Visa Application Form is available at the Embassy or you can download it from the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) website. You can get further information from the INZ website or refer to Student Visa Guide NZIS1013.
Embassy information: The New Zealand Embassy in Seoul is located on the 8th floor of the Jeong Dong Building in Jeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-784 (West tower)
The Embassy's office hours are 9:00am - 5.30pm (excluding the lunch time from 12:30pm-1:30pm)
Visa and immigration hours are 9:00am - 12:00 for receiving new applications, and 1:30pm - 2:30pm for collecting your passport with a visa
Telephone: 82-2-3701 7700

Fax: 82-2-3701-7703
Website of The New Zealand Embassy in Korea:
Website of The New Zealand Immigration office website:
Lodging Your Application
• Student Visa Application Form INZ1012 fully completed in English and signed.
• Photograph: Two recent passport sized photographs
• Application Fee in Korean won must be paid by Cash; Cashier’s check or Korean vouchers issued by the Korean Post Office (Refer to ‘Visa Application Fee’). Please note that fees are subject to change without prior notice.
• Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date you intend to depart New Zealand.
• For non-Korean nationals, original and copy of evidence of residence status in the country where you are currently residing (work, student, dependent or long-term visit pass, permanent residence, etc.) and
• Certificate of the Facts of Alien Registration issued from a Korean Immigration Office.
• Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit issued from a Korean Immigration Office.
• An Offer of a Place and the Tuition Fee Receipt: The educational institution and the course enrolled in must be registered to NZQA ( and must be a signatory to the Ministry of Education ( Code of Practice to accept foreign students. NZ School to forward the following document to this office via email or fax prior to visa application.
• Unconditional offer of place letter from a New Zealand education provider stating:
- Name and duration of the course, fee amount, evidence that the course and education provider meets foreign student requirements, whether the student is full-time or part-time; and
- Whether course fee is payable and whether fee is domestic or foreign fee; and
- Confirmation that education provider has assessed and is satisfied the prospective student meets the course competencies and enrolment provision (section 7.1) as set out in the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students.
- Fee-paying foreign students who are under 18 years old must provide a statement from their education provider confirming that the student’s accommodation complies with the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Student.
• Payment of course fee – please provide the official tuition fee receipt.
• Funds for living expenses (exclude cost of return flights and tuition fee)
Amount required

• Courses which are more than 36 weeks - funds of NZ$15,000 per year
• Courses which are less than 36 weeks - funds of NZ$1,250 per month OR a letter from the education provider confirming accommodation and other living expenses are included as part of a prepaid package.
Evidence of Funds
• If you are sponsored, a Financial Undertaking Form for a Student INZ1014 completed by the financial guarantor attached with recently issued bank statement that covers a stay in New Zealand for the length of the visa, a copy of passport or identity document and evidence of the sponsored student and the financial guarantor’s relationship.
• If you are self-sponsored, bank statements for the last 6 months in your name or a letter from the bank stating the balance amount in your account.
• Letter from your current school (if you are currently studying) providing evidence of your current level of schooling, attendance records and results.
• Additional documents (where applicable)
• You or your financial guarantor must provide evidence of the source of funds to pay for your study. This should include, for example, evidence of employment and salary, and official documents such as income certificate from the National Tax Office, bank history, company registration, etc.
• Academic and employment history with references.
• Letter of Leave from the Employer/School: a letter of leave and employment/school references from your employer/school on original company/school letterhead including phone and fax contact numbers if you are taking leave from employment/school in Korea.
• Covering letter stating your study plans.
• Any other document or evidence.
• Young International Student aged 13 years and under will only be granted visa to enrol in school years 1 to 8 if they will be living in New Zealand with their legal guardian unless:
• they are domestic students, or
• they are enrolled in a school hostel approved by the Code Administrator, or
• they are enrolled in Years 7 or 8 of a school, or are aged 11 to 13 years and enrolled in any other provider, which has prior program approval from the Code Administrator.
NB: Guardians are not permitted to leave their children in NZ on their own and should they do this, the student visa maybe revoked.
• Health requirement
• If your stay is more than 6 months but less than 12 months – submit X-ray Certificate for Temporary Entry Form INZ 1096 if you hold a passport from a country or have spent more than 3 months in the last 5 years in one or more countries NOT on the List of Low TB Incident Countries.
• If your stay is more than 12 months – submit a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate INZ 1007.
• The x-ray film is NOT required if your X-ray results are normal.
• Children under 11 years of age and pregnant women are not required to have an x-ray.
• The certificate must be less than 3 months old at time your application is submitted. Please refer to our website for an approved list of panel doctor doctors and radiologists who can complete your certificate.
• Police Certificates are required if you are aged 17 years and above intending to stay in New Zealand for 24 months or longer.
• From your country of citizenship, and
• Any country in which you lived for 5 years or more since the age of 17 years.
• Police Certificate at time your application is submitted. Korean police certificate obtained in Korea must be accompanied with an official
   English translation and notarization. Self-translation is not accepted.
• Renewing Your Student Visa
Please submit documents as specified in page 1 of the application form except for health requirements and police certificates, please see **.
• Evidence of your previous student performance.
• Evidence of satisfactory attendance and progress.
• Confirmation of enrolment from the education provider is acceptable in place of the letter of offer. It needs to state the course name, annual fee and whether the student if full-time or part-time.
• **For fee-paying foreign students (including PhD students and their family members), if you have submitted police and/or medical certificates in your last student visa application and they are within 36 months of their date of issue, you will not need to provide new certificates. If there were medical concerns in your last application, the 36 months validity for your last medical certificate may not apply. You are advised to confirm the health requirements when renewing your visa.
• Partners and dependent children of student or work visa holders
Partners of student or work visa holders may apply for visitor, student or work visa whereas dependent children of student or work visa holders may apply for visitor or student visa should they meet the immigration instructions. When submitting the applications, the requirements are:
1. Visitor, Student or Work Visa Application Form.
2. Valid passports.
3. Two passport sized photographs.
4. Application fees.
5. Evidence of the family relationship with the principal applicant (student or work visa holder) E.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate. For Korean National, please provide Family Relation Certificate, Marriage Certificate and Identification Certificate in each of the applicant’s name (where applicable).
6. Form for Partners Supporting partnership-based temporary entry applications INZ1146 (where applicable)
7. Police Clearances and Medical Certificate (where applicable)
NB: Dependent children who do not meet the current immigration instructions to be regarded as domestic students for the purpose of all course fees at primary and secondary schools for the period of the parent's student or work visa may submit a student visa application meeting the student visa requirements. 
Important Notes
• You can bring in, or mail the fully completed application and correct fee to the embassy.
• Your application may not be accepted if you do not answer all the relevant questions or provide all the required documentation.
• Lodging a New Zealand visa application with all requested documents does not guarantee your visa will be approved.
• Application fees are non-refundable.
• All documents submitted in support of your application must be originals or true copies certified by an authorized person by law to take statutory declarations.
• Original documents supplied must be in English or attach with official English translation certified by a recognized translation service. Please also submit photocopies of the document.
• If you had any immigration problem while staying overseas, you should submit a written explanation on lodgment of your application.
• All applicants are obliged to notify any significant change that occurs during processing of the application, including after visa is granted. (E.g. change of course/school, parent’s employment, marital status)
• Immigration New Zealand reserves the right to request additional information/or attend an interview in the course of assessing an application and to retain information and documents on file.
• All information provided in support of your application will be subject to verification. If you provide false or misleading information your application may be declined.
• We will assess whether you are likely to be a genuine student. Please note that there is no right of appeal to the decision made.
• In some circumstances, your application may be forwarded to the receiving office for your country.
• Processing Duration: 5 to 10 working days, unless there are circumstances which require further verification, or your application is forwarded to Hong Kong office for processing, a decision could therefore take 4-6 weeks. Applications submitted without the required documents will take longer to process. Please do not purchase an airline ticket before you obtain a visa.
• If you are granted a visa you must arrive within the validity of the visa. If you are unable to arrive within the validity date of your visa, you must lodge a new application as your visa may have been expired.
• You must leave New Zealand before the expiry of your visa or face deportation.
 Visa Information
If you wish to study a course for more than 3 months, you must apply for a Student Visa. Student visas are not granted to students 13 years of age and under unless they are accompanied by a legal guardian who will live with them in New Zealand or enrolled in a school approved to take in students not living with parent in New Zealand.
 Study Abroad Destination
- English -
Study Abroad in USA
Study Abroad in Canada
Study Abroad in UK
Study Abroad in Ireland
Study Abroad in Australia
Study Abroad in New Zealand
Study Abroad in India
Study Abroad in Philippines
Study Abroad in Malta
Study Abroad in Singapore
Study Abroad in Hong kong
Study Abroad in Czech
- Non-English -
Study Abroad in China
Study Abroad in Korea
Study Abroad in Japan
Study Abroad in France
Study Abroad in Germany
Study Abroad in Spain
About Us  |   Partnership  |   School Partnership  |   Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy  |   FAQ
Copyright ⓒ1981 - 2021 SELF-APPLY. All Rights Reserved.
Overseas Education & Culture Center of Korea (OECKO)
104-A, Gunjagwan, Sejong University, 209 Neungdong-ro Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, 05006,South Korea
Phone: +82-2-512-2022, +82-10-2018-3228