National Visa
OECKO is established in 1981. It is On and Offline study abroad counseling center. We have more than 20,000 students who went abroad to study through OECKO, and these students are working in variety of fields. We made partnerships with all excellent universities in order to raise global students. Students can self apply to schools in USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Spain, France and etc by him or herself without any cost. However, high schools’, or universities’ required essay or personal statements help from us is charged. Language study entrance admissions can be obtained in 3~14 days.
 National Visa
 Prepare Student Visa by Yourself
(1) Schengen Visa (short term)
According to the Schengen-Agreement, tourist and business visas issued by a mission of a Schengen-member state are valid for the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The Embassy of the country of your main travel destination is the competent authority to deal with the application. If a main travel destination cannot be ascertained, the application should be submitted to the Embassy of the country of first entry to the Schengen area.
Some nationals don’t need a visa for a short term trip: To find out which nationalities need (or don’t need)  a visa, please check the following link
Please note:
* To apply for a visa your passport must have at least 2 empty pages.
* The passport must have been issued within the last 10 years.
* The passport must not expire before the end of the scheduled trip.
* You cannot apply for a Schengen visa earlier than 3 months prior to the intended travel date.
(2) National visa (long term)

If you plan to stay more than 90 days within a period of 180 days you need to apply for a national long-term visa.
In most cases the Embassy needs to contact organizations and institutions in Germany, so the process of issuing a visa can take some time. So be sure to apply as early as possible.
Please note:
A national long-term visa (D-visa) also allows you to travel to the other Schengen countries for up to 90 days within a period of 180 days.
(3) Visa for Study or Language Courses

In order to receive your visa in good time, please note the following three points:
• 1. Submit your application with all accompanying documents at least eight weeks before your planned trip to Germany;
• 2. Fill in the application form and bring it with the complete set of documents to the Embassy;
• 3. If you have any queries, please contact the Cultural Section at the Embassy which is responsible for your area.
You may be issued with one of three types of visa:
1) Student applicant visa (if you don’t yet have a certificate of admission to higher education or of confirmation of application);
2) Student visa (if you have a certificate of admission to higher education or of confirmation of application);
3) Visa for participation in a language course (if you only wish to attend a language course in Germany).
Please note:  If you intend to begin studies in Germany immediately after your language course ends, you must apply for either a student visa or a student applicant visa before arrival in Germany; otherwise you will have to leave Germany at the end of the course and reapply from a country you’re visiting Germany from. The visa for a language course cannot be converted into a student visa or a student applicant visa in Germany!
1) For the student applicant visa you will need the following basic documents:
• a valid passport and 2 passport photographs;
• proof of possession of a school leaving certificate, i.e. A-level certificate, entitling you to study in both Singapore and Germany (or to visit a preparatory course in Germany)
As well as, where necessary
• proof of previous studies;
• proof that you already possess German-language skills or that you plan to attend an intensive language course (at least 20 hours per week) in Germany;
• Proof of sufficient funds to finance your period of study.
You may either
a) Finance yourself or
b) Nominate one or more persons who will assume the full costs.
You must supply evidence that sufficient funds per months or a sum covering at least one year's study are available (e.g. own funds) equal to the highest German student loan level, i.e. currently about DM 1,000 per month.
Please note: As a student in Germany you may as a rule work for a maximum of 3 months and, depending on where you study, only during recess periods (e.g. semester holidays).
(1) If you are financed by a sponsor in your home country, that person must declare his/her willingness to cover all your costs during the standard period of study (proof of a minimum monthly income of 4,000 S$ (by means of local documents such as tax receipts, bank statements, certificates of employment, pay slips, Commercial Register excerpts).
(2) If you are financed by a sponsor in Germany, that person must submit a binding declaration that he/she is willing to cover all your costs during the standard period of study.
(3) If you receive a scholarship you must produce a letter of confirmation to this effect.
In all cases it must be certain that you will have a monthly sum available to you directly in Germany.
2) For the student visa you will in principle need all documents listed under 1) above, except that
- Instead of the school leaving certificate, i.e. A-level certificate, you must enclose the certificate of admission to higher education or of confirmation of application.
Please note: You may normally only send for your family later to live with you in Germany in exceptional cases, e.g. if you are scholarship holder or on a postgraduate course. In these cases you must be able at least to support yourself and your family, has sufficient accommodation for your family, and already be registered at a German higher education institution.
Please take your time and do not hesitate to contact the Cultural and Consular Sections of your local Embassy for further detailed advice on any questions you may have regarding your planned studies in Germany.

3) For the visa for participation in a language course you will basically need the following documents:
• a valid passport and 2 passport photographs
• proof that you have registered for a language course (e.g. certificate of registration, receipt of course fees)
• proof that you will be covered by health insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany
• Proof that you are able to finance your stay and the course (using your own funds or via third parties).
Please note:
1. During the language course you are normally not allowed to take up employment.
2. If you intend to study in Germany after your course ends, please state this fact in your application, so that you can be issued with a student applicant visa or student visa, provided you fulfill the conditions for issue. These visas entitle the holder to attend language courses and to study in Germany (see above!). If you only apply for the language course visa, you will have to leave Germany at the end of the course. It is not possible to exchange this visa for another form of residence permit in Germany.
3. Examination of your application will normally require approximately 6 - 8 weeks. If the language course is longer than three months, processing of your application will require about 8 - 10 weeks. Therefore please send your application to the Consular Section in good time, i.e. at least eight weeks before you plan to travel!
Should you intend to travel to Germany with your family, please contact the Cultural or Consular Section of your local Embassy.
 General Information
Depending on the purpose and duration of your stay in Germany you can either apply for a short-term "Schengen Visa" or for a long-term "National Visa".

If you plan to go to Germany for short amount of days (less than 90 days in 180 days) you need a Schengen Visa. (E.g. tourism, visiting family and friends, business trip)

If you plan to stay more than 90 days within 180 days you would need a National Visa (e.g. study, long term language training, Au Pair, Working Holiday)
 Study Abroad Destination
- English -
Study Abroad in USA
Study Abroad in Canada
Study Abroad in UK
Study Abroad in Ireland
Study Abroad in Australia
Study Abroad in New Zealand
Study Abroad in India
Study Abroad in Philippines
Study Abroad in Malta
Study Abroad in Singapore
Study Abroad in Hong kong
Study Abroad in Czech
- Non-English -
Study Abroad in China
Study Abroad in Korea
Study Abroad in Japan
Study Abroad in France
Study Abroad in Germany
Study Abroad in Spain
About Us  |   Partnership  |   School Partnership  |   Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy  |   FAQ
Copyright ⓒ1981 - 2021 SELF-APPLY. All Rights Reserved.
Overseas Education & Culture Center of Korea (OECKO)
104-A, Gunjagwan, Sejong University, 209 Neungdong-ro Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, 05006,South Korea
Phone: +82-2-512-2022, +82-10-2018-3228